Thursday, February 16, 2017

Little Miss Sunshine

From the moment she was born we just knew she was Little Miss Sunshine. She brings happiness and the biggest smile to every situation. She's a peacemaker. She's kind. Her heart might be pure gold. She's a dreamer. She dreams of ballet. She dreams of singing. She NEVER stops making noise wether it be singing or humming. She knows when you're feeling sad, sick or just plain having a bad day and when that happens there is always, ALWAYS and offer to do a dance. "Can I do a dance for you?" is probably the most common phrase from her. Dancing makes her happy so it should make YOU happy. She still gives out hugs and kisses at random. Bree is just plain happy. We love this girl to pieces. She never had the terrible two's or any age for that matter. She's easy. I'm sure teenage years I'll be singing a different song.
Bree says more funny things than any of our children. She truly is a blonde, and not just hair color. That makes Mike & I laugh but also ask ourselves, should we be worried? Every boy seems to love the blonde! HaHa
Bree came home from school February 1st SO excited and said to me, Mom, tomorrow is Otter's Day! It took me a moment to run through what the heck she might be talking about and then it dawned on me- OH! No Bree. It's Groundhogs Day! I laughed SO hard. Every Holiday is a big thing for this little girl so she wanted to go all out and make a craft for the big day. Even I got excited about Groundhog's day just listening to her. Later that evening, Bree looked like she had a spark of genius hit her and she said, "OH I KNOW! Let's make a cookie dough filled cookie!!!" I couldn't handle myself and I laughed until tears were streaming down my face. I don't know what got into me but her excitement level was through the roof. It was like she put her entire heart and soul into this idea and it was funny and adorable to me. Mike kept giving me the look like, you mean Mother, stop laughing. But I couldn't. After I assured her that you will never put dough into the oven and take it out when it won't be a baked cookie she thought of a plan. "You can make a hole in the bottom of the cookie and stuff it with dough." True. You could do that. Maybe you're onto something Bree. 
Valentine's day was another holiday she could't wait for. She worked on her Valentine's for a long time before the big day. We put final touches on the night before. She made sure each card matched exactly what she'd want to say to that person. She took every saying to heart. What if they actually call me!? She even wrote I Love You on a little boys card. I should be worried but she's not boy crazy yet so I was ok with it. I thought it was adorable. What a lucky little boy to get that message from a little cutie! She wore her new Valentine shirt that Grandma sent. She knew everyone in her class was going to LOVE it and want to touch it. We did our best at heart hair and we sent her off to school SO excited. I can't even say how much I love her. She's so refreshing. She's fun and loves life. She's the girl you'll always want around because not only is she kind, she's fun and happy and positive and always looking to make others happy. She doesn't care what people think about her. She dresses how she wants and doesn't care about matching. I love that about her. She truly marches to the beat of her own little happy drum. 







1 comment:

Megan said...

I laughed out loud reading her solution to the cookie dough filled cookie. What a hoot!